NEET 2019: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is the single medical entrance exam in India which has replaced all the other national level and state-level medical entrance examinations except AIIMS MBBS exam and JIPMER MBBS exam. Qualifying the examination paves the way for admission to UG medical courses viz. MBBS/BDS offered by government and private medical/dental colleges. NEET score is applicable for admission to the following seats:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical/Dental colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
As per a recently announced revised schedule, the NEET 2019 exam will be conducted only once in a year. The 2019 exam will be conducted through pen & paper (offline) mode on 5th May 2019. The registration process will be conducted from 1st to 30th Nov 2018. Check out the latest schedule below.
NEET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary (CBSE) till 2018. However, as per the recent announcement by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), the exam will now be conducted by the newly formed National Testing Agency (NTA) from 2019 onwards.
Things to Remember
- NEET Exam Date 2019 – May 5, 2019.
- Take your Admit Card and Passport sized photographs to the examination center
- AIIMS and JIPMER conduct their own entrance exam, separately. NEET is not the qualifying exam for these institutes.
- Duration of exam- 3 hours
- NEET Counselling will have 3 rounds of seat allotment.
- Original documents will be required for admission into the college.
- If you don’t join the allotted college within the stipulated time, your seat will stand cancelled and you will not be eligible for further counselling.